The City of Houston will activate the City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to Level II (High Readiness) at 6:00pm Monday to coordinate the response to the potential impact from a Tropical Disturbance that is headed towards our area.
Agencies represented in the City’s EOC will be:
- Houston Police Department
- Houston Fire Department
- City of Houston Public Works & Engineering Department
- Houston Department of Health & Human Services
- City of Houston Legal Department
- Mayor’s Office of Public Safety & Homeland Security
- City of Houston Office of Emergency Management
- City of Houston Information Technology Services
- Houston Airport System
- City of Houston General Services Department
- Texas Gulf Coast American Red Cross
Located at the Houston Emergency Center (HEC) at 5320 N Shepherd Drive, Houston, TX 77019 in north Houston, the EOC is the central location for emergency response coordination in the City of Houston.
In addition to the City’s EOC being stood up, the Catastrophic Medical Operations Center (CMOC), which is co-located at the City of Houston EOC will be activated. Their role is to coordinate any potential resource or information needs that are required by the hospital community in a 25-county region.
Note to Media: An OEM Spokesperson will be available for on-camera interviews from 4:00pm – 6:00 at HOUSTON TRANSTAR at 6922 Katy Road. In addition, a joint press conference is scheduled at that same location with Houston Mayor Annise Parker and Harris County Judge Ed Emmett
Media can call the following hotline for information:
(832) 224-NEWS (6397)