The Houston City Council will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 23 at the Houston City Hall Annex, 901 Bagby St.
According to the published agenda, the Council will discuss adding 28 positions to the Fire Department, including three new district chiefs and one senior captain. The proposed amendment to Houston Ordinance No. 2013-387 also would add 12 engineer operators and 12 communication captain positions.
The Council will debate a proposal to re-adopt Houston Youth Recreation Programs Standards of Care for inclusion in the city’s Code of Ordinances. If adopted, the proposal also would add severability to the ordinance.
Council members also will discuss:
– amending and ratifying ordinances on the general obligation commercial paper notes, specifically Series G, H-2, & J;
– adding two sections of land, totaling 9.856 acres, to Harris County Municipal Utility Districts;
– a proposal to award a contract of more than $2.64 million to National Waste, Inc., to rent portable toilets over the next three years;
– appropriating $20,000 for a contract on construction management at risk to Turner Construction Co. during renovation of the Jungman Neighborhood Library, District G, Pennington;
– awarding a contract for $727,996 to Energy Architecture, Inc., architects, for renovation of the Jungman Neighborhood Library, and funding of the Civic Art Program and other construction contingencies;
– appropriating $572,057.00 out of the Parks Consolidated Construction Fund for a contract with Jerdon Enterprise, L.P., for construction in Hidalgo Park, with a debate over setting a deadline, and the responsibilities of the bidder if there is a default.
Members of the City Council are Helena Brown, Jerry Davis, Ellen Cohen, Wanda Adams, Dave Martin, Al Hoang, Oliver Pennington, Ed Gonzalez, James G. Rodriguez, Mike Laster, Larry Green, Stephen C. Costello, Andrew C. Burks, Jr., Melissa Noriega and C.O. “Brad” Bradford.
A full agenda can be downloaded (PDF format) at www.houstontx.gov.