I’ve always known that the residents of District C were knowledgeable, creative and engaged. But I have to admit that I was overwhelmed by your response to the constituent survey we sent out last week! Over 400 of you participated and we’re still getting results!
The issues chosen as constituents’ top three priorities were:
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Rebuild Houston
- City Land Development
You were also given an opportunity to add other issues that were of concern to you and/or your neighborhood. We received a wide variety of responses, ranging from transit improvements and noise variances to recycling initiatives and city pensions. But far and away most people were concerned about:
- Public Safety
- Street Repair
- Water Quality and Maintenance
- Quality of Life Improvements
The last part of our survey offered you the opportunity to address some of our city’s challenges.
Among your ideas were:
- Re-energizing Citizens on Patrol programs
- Developing and improving green space along bayous while respecting private property rights
- Cleaning up brownfields to help facilitate redevelopment and reinvestment
- Fostering community events in neighborhoods–similar to what’s happening at Discovery Green
- Better promotion of our city outside of our city – “Let the world know how great Houston is”
It’s important that after identifying the issues we quickly turn our energies to helping construct effective solutions. My staff and I look forward to the challenge.